Modern Slavery And Human Trafficking Statement
Apex Europe Ltd and all companies within the group (Apex) have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our own business or in any of our supply chains.
With over twenty years’ experience in payroll services Apex has gained an exceptional understanding of compliance and the industry. We offer contractors in the temporary employment market to work through ourselves via our umbrella company on a PAYE basis or as a self-employed subcontractor via our CIS company. We have listened to our workers, contractors and agencies and have developed a bespoke system in which provides an excellence of service.
Apex’s head office is based in Moreton, Wirral, UK. All of Apex Europe Ltd’s and any companies in the group’s operations are solely based within the UK.
Apex publishes this statement voluntarily.
Our Supply Chain
Our supply chain includes the referral by UK recruitment agencies of applicants for work for whom those agencies have found temporary work.
As part of our ongoing review of compliance Apex ensures the following:
- We evaluate potential new suppliers before they enter our supply chain.
We review existing suppliers to ensure ongoing compliance.
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business and our Anti-Slavery & Human Trafficking Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains. As such we currently operate the following policies:
- Anti-Slavery & Human Trafficking Policy – Our anti-slavery & human trafficking policy makes clear our stance on modern slavery and provides employees with an understanding on how to identify any occurrences of modern slavery and the procedure following said occurrence.
- Employee Code of Conduct – Our employee code of conduct makes clear to all employees the actions and behaviour expected from themselves upon representing Apex Europe Ltd and/or any companies within the group. As such Apex Europe strive for excellence in the way our employees conduct themselves.
- Whistleblowing Policy – Our whistleblowing policy encourages any employees within Apex Europe Ltd and/or any other companies within the group to report any such concerns within our operations or within our supply chain, this includes but is not limited to modern slavery and human trafficking. Our policy also includes an internal procedure in which employees of the business can raise concerns without fear of threats and/or retaliation.
As part of Apex’s processes to identify and reduce risk we have put into place the following procedures:
- We encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistleblowers.
- We evaluate the risks of each new supplier.
- We monitor the areas of our supply chain with the greatest potential for risk.
- Upon discovery of any risk we seek to resolve any instances.
- We review our processes and procedures periodically to ensure we are as effective as possible in relation to mitigating any potential risks.
- The group’s modern slavery training is provided to all directors and senior managers, and covers/consists of:
- The assessment of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in relation to the operations of the business.
- Identifying instances of modern slavery and human trafficking.
- The procedure if modern slavery or human trafficking instances are suspected.
What external resources there are available, e.g. Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority.
- The procedure if suppliers or contractors fail to implement anti-slavery policies within their business practices, potentially leading to removal from our supply chain.