Submit Documentation

Request A Callback

    GDPR Text Box.

Claiming tax relief on professional body fees or subscriptions

HMRC has updated its list of professional bodies that you can use to see if you can claim tax relief on your fees or subscriptions.

You can claim tax relief on fees or subscriptions for some professional organisations if:

  • HMRC has approved them
  • being a member of the organisation is relevant to your job

If the organisation has been HMRC approved they can tell you how much tax you can claim back.

You cannot claim tax back on life membership subscriptions, or for fees or subscriptions you:

  • do not need to do your job
  • have not paid yourself
  • have paid to professional organisations that are not approved by HMRC

If your organisation is shown on the list you can get tax relief by either:

  • making a claim by post on a form P87
  • entering the amount you can claim in box 19 of the SA102 page if you need to send us a Self Assessment tax return

If you’re a professional organisation, you can complete form P356 to apply to be added to the approved list for fees and subscriptions.

Link to original article: HMRC updates list of Professional bodies that you can use to see if you can claim tax relief

arrow_downarrow_leftarrow_rightbriefcase cog crossenvelopehouse motionpersonphone-2 phonepin social_facebooksocial_googleplussocial_instagramsocial_linkedin_altsocial_linkedinsocial_pinterestlogo-twitter-glyph-32social_youtubespeech tickumbrellawheel